Monday, February 7, 2011
One of the things I have come to love about blogging is the opportunity to do something new...with my clothes, hobbies, interests, etc. When a friend (meet Roberta above) asked me to tag along for her shoot, I was excited to watch another person in front of the camera. When she asked me to be in a few of the pictures with her, I felt a little intimidated (no lies or coy intentions here). However, I cannot encourage readers to take risks if I am not willing myself.
So those of you on verge of trying something different, I dare you. This post is for you.
I'm wearing: blue dress by Theory (thrift), belt (vintage), tights (target), shoes & clutch (thrift)
Roberta's wearing: gray turtleneck (target), skirt (jcp), shoes (thrift), necklace (von maur), & clutched (borrowed from yours truly--of course thrift)
Here are some things I learned:
1. Life is so much fun with friends so surround yourself with good ones.
2. What you see is not always what you get. There is quite a bit of laughter, goofing off, and joking between these shots.
3. If you do not have a place to occasionally warm up in 20 degree weather, your toes will turn blue. Frost bite does not discriminate against vintage velvet shoes.
4. Photographers and editors do all the real work. Hats off to you, Mr. Williamson.
5. I have always wanted to temporarily portray a Stepford Wife. With that last photo, I can mark it off my Bucket List.
All photos by Jared Williamson