Monday, May 30, 2011

5. you can do it

0004

0006

0003

0002

0005

I'm not sure if the spirit of freedom that comes with Memorial Day or the fact that I'm graduating with a Masters Degree in T-5 days, but I'm feeling all kinds of empowered.  Today we celebrate and remember our soldiers who fought for our country's freedom and the women who stepped up to work during a time of need.  I'm honoring both.

My calloused and less than manicured hands may be from this week's yard work rather than working job, but nonetheless I am thankful for those women who have pushed me to think outside the box of social expectations.  I would not consider myself a radical feminist; but ladies, Rosie the Riveter started the revolution in the workforce just as Coco Chanel in fashion.  (yes, you were wondering how I was going to tie in that one.)  So express yourself and rejoice in the freedom.  I am by wearing denim on denim and have traded the steel-toed boots for open-toed heels.

Works Cited:  skinny's (old navy); tank (aerie); denim shirt (h&m); shoes (payless)

0 comments:

Post a Comment