I'm wearing: top (banana republic outlet); skirt/clutch (thrift); shoes (payless this season!)
So here are my rules with a few loopholes-- because sometimes a girl needs an out.
1. It's all in the fit: knowing your body type and what shapes work for you is key. For example, I know that I'm considered a "neat hourglass," and all clothes should accentuate my waistline. Do I do this every day? Absolutely not.
2. Quality Control
- Seams should lie flat and not pull or wrinkle.
- Check your hemlines--flat and even.
- Don't be fooled when original tags are still attached.
- Side seams should hang straight.
- How faded is the fabric?
- Search seam and necklines for holes.
4. What to Wear to thrift: Some places don't have changing rooms so I'm always prepared for that.
- Thin cami or tank to try clothes on over.
- Strapless bra
- Loose fitting skirt for trying on pants/shorts
- Comfortable shoes that slip on and off easy. (I wear heels every once in a while but they don't really bother me to wear for extended periods of time.)